I’ve been working on a small Windows Mobile app and I had a really weird problem. While working in the emulator everything worked fine. However, when I deployed it to my Smartphone (HTC S710), it didn’t show the labels. Textboxes etc. worked fine, but the labels didn’t show up, no matter what I did. Some of the things I tried:
- changing the font of the labels
- making sure there was no overlap between labels and textboxes
It took me about an hour to get it working. I went into the settings and because there wasn’t anything about screen/font settings I finally looked at those of the startup screen (option 4), thinking that this didn’t have anything to do with my app. As it turned out the culprit was a color scheme that I downloaded from the Windows Mobile site called EarthView.